About the team
The mission of the SAP Innovation Center Network (ICN) is to contextualize and pioneer emerging technologies that will be foundational for the future success of SAP and of our customers. We are a diverse, global team and collaborate across roles, functions, and locations, enabling every colleague to contribute and investigate new ideas. We identify and contextualize emerging technologies to define their value for business and society. With around 200 development, business, and design experts worldwide, the ICN is geared up to make an impact. As innovation requires courage, curiosity, and patience, we live up to a culture of trial and continuous learning. This paves our way to success: We create tangible business value with revenue-generating solutions for our customers and large-scale adoption of cutting-edge technology at SAP.
Our team in Potsdam explores new ways of working with technology to free up people’s creativity and ingenuity by reducing their repetitive tasks, bringing contextual information at the right place and at the right time, and enabling time for high-value activities that have a real business impact. We work on articulating and prototyping visions of enterprise software beyond the current roadmaps, investigating the most important jobs-to-be-done in the enterprise, and run projects to take us closer to fully autonomous enterprise software all of it in the context of finance.The team cultivates an entrepreneurial spirit by encouraging risk-taking, transparently sharing successes, failures, and learnings, practicing continuous improvement, promoting psychological safety, and engaging in brainstorming sessions, design thinking workshops, and any other ideation methods or activities that foster creativity.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
As the (Junior) AI/ML Developer at the SAP Innovation Center Network, you will:
- Develop and support innovative, scalable, and high-performing technical solutions using emerging and state-of-the-art technologies.
- Continuously assess the disruptive potential, limitations/risks, and readiness of emerging technologies in an SAP context by conducting desk research and documenting findings.
- Work with universities and research institutions to identify and transfer applied research into business solutions; engage with start-ups, industry, and SAP Line of Business units to identify and tackle industry challenges with technology.
- Driving efforts and topics in high-skill language models to produce any form of human-like text.
- Help translate new concepts and ideas into prototypes that allow for efficient assessment of feasibility and desirability.
- Support inquiries regarding technical solutions of current team projects.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields.
- Good knowledge of Tensorflow, Keras, or other specialized toolkits such as the Hidden Markov Model Toolkit
- Good knowledge of Java, Python, and Matlab
- Familiar with complex neural network architectures, recurrent neural networks, and transformer-based architectures for language processing
- Experience with reinforcement learning algorithms, such as value/policy Iteration, and temporal difference learning algorithms
- Interests in machine learning / natural language processing with designing efficient low-cost ML/NLP systems
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel.
- Passion for transferring disruptive technology into innovative products.
- Start-up experience or background is a plus.
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:Careers@sap.com.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:296738| Work Area:Software-Development Operations| Expected Travel:0 - 10%| Career Status:Professional| Employment Type:Regular Full Time| Additional Locations:
Job Segment: Network, Developer, ERP, SAP, Information Systems, Technology