Languages are key to our mission of bringing the world closer together. The Meta family of apps is currently available in 100+ languages and we are adding many more. ~90% of people already use our products from outside of North America and we continue to expand internationally. Excited? Come join a great team and help us to think local and scale global! As Localization Editor, you will define and deliver the voice, tone, and style of a variety of content (such as marketing, sales, comms or policy) in close partnership with your German Language Management peers and in-country stakeholders. You will be training translators to adapt to the preferred style, tone and voice in your language. This is a full-time position based in the Berlin office. It is very important that you enjoy and are efficient at working with remote teams across different time zones.,Localization Editor, German
- Edit translations delivered by translators to ensure quality and market suitability.
- Provide feedback to translation teams so they learn the style, tone and voice of Meta content in German.
- Collaborate closely with in-market stakeholders to reflect regional requirements in translations.
- Identify priority content types for the market based on feedback from in-market stakeholders.
- Partner with German Language Management peers in defining linguistic standards for the market.
- Native fluency in German and near-native fluency in English.
- Well connected with the language and culture of the country.
- 5+ years of experience in copy editing, content authoring, marketing content or similar.
- BA or equivalent required, preferably in communication, journalism, language or a related field.
- Experience with translation
- Knowledge of localization tooling and processes
- Cross-functional collaboration experience working with Marketing, PR, Comms, Policy and/or Content teams is a plus
- Familiarity with digital marketing
,About Meta Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics. Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.